This is an easy way to write an IELTS essay
4 step method to write an IELTS essay
Many people are using credit cards or loans to run up huge personal debts that they may be unable to repay. It should therefore be made more difficult for individuals to borrow large amounts of money.
Do you agree or disagree?
Give reasons for your answers and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge and experience. Write at least 250 words.
The sentence in blue is the statement, the one in green is the opinion and the question is below. This is how a writing task 2 question in IELTS looks like
1. Read and understand the given topic. Read the statement, opinion and the question in the topic. Write an introduction or introduce your opinion.
2. Develop the topic – Use definitions, context or other related information to explain the statement and your opinion. Ask yourself
‘why?’, “what?” and “how?” about the statement. Write the your opinion and the inverse.
3. Write examples and tell the other side of the story or the inverse of your opinion. Make sure you write at least 2 examples.
4. Write a strong conclusion
Watch this video to see how to do this.
The candidates are assessed on their ability to
• Present and justify an opinion
• Compare and contrast the subject or evidence
• Present solutions
• Analyze and question stated ideas