Essay answers for IELTS writing task 2
1. In some countries it is thought advisable that children begin formal education at four years old , while in others they do not have to start until they are seven or eight. How far do you agree with either of these views.
2. Some people lead a healthy lifestyle by doing healthy activities, while other people continue with unhealthy activities although they know that these activities can cause health problems. What can be done to improve health awareness.
3. With the increase in use of the internet, books will soon become unnecessary.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement.
4.The world would be a poorer place without color.
To what extent do you agree with this statement?
5. Some countries have come to rely on tourism as their major source of income. However, many believe that the problems caused by tourism are more serious than those it solved.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion
6. A large proportion of people live and work in other countries today than at any time in the past. It is very probable that in the future there will be no borders and people will be able to move freely between countries.
To what extent do you agree with this opinion?
7.Recycling is now an essential measure: it is time for everyone in society to become more responsible towards the environment.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
8. Many people are using credit cards or loans to run up huge personal debts that they may be unable to repay. It should therefore be made more difficult for individuals to borrow large amounts of money.
9. Computer technologies are more accessible and cheaper, as a result, more adults work at home and children learn at home. Is this a positive or negative development? – Essay – Technology.
10.These days more fathers stay at home and take care of their children while mothers go out to work. What could be the reasons for this? Do you think it is a positive or a negative development?
11. Learning English at school is often seen as more important than learning local languages. If these are not taught, many are at risk of dying out. In your opinion, is it important for everyone to learn English? Should we try to ensure the survival of local languages and, if so, how?
12. Modern technology now allows rapid and uncontrolled access to and exchange of information. Far from being beneficial, this is a danger to our societies. To what extent do you agree or disagree?